Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger’s videos at:
DESCRIPTION: It took more than 7,000 studies and the deaths of countless smokers before the Surgeon General’s report on tobacco was released in the 1960s. How many people are suffering needlessly from preventable dietary diseases today?
Not that there aren’t randomized controlled studies showing the extraordinary power of plant-based diets to prevent, treat, and even reverse disease, not the least of which is Dr. Ornish’s landmark Lifestyle Heart Trial, which is what did it for me 25 years ago. That’s the one I started my annual talk last year with: From Table to Able: Combating Disabling Diseases with Food (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/from-table-to-able/).
If you liked this video, you’ll really like this one: Evidence-Based Medicine or Evidence-Biased? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/evidence-based-medicine-or-evidence-biased/)
Here’s the video in which I review the evidence surrounding treating multiple sclerosis with nutrition: Treating Multiple Sclerosis with the Swank MS Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-multiple-sclerosis-with-the-swank-ms-diet/).
There are more parallels one can draw between the Big Tobacco and Big Food. See Big Food Using the Tobacco Industry Playbook (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/big-food-using-the-tobacco-industry-playbook/) and at least the final 20 minutes of Food as Medicine (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-as-medicine).
You also might enjoy:
• Collaboration with the New Vectors of Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/collaboration-with-the-new-vectors-of-disease/)
• Food Industry Funded Research Bias (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-industry-funded-research-bias/)
• Sprinkling Doubt: Taking Sodium Skeptics with a Pinch of Salt (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/sprinkling-doubt:-taking-sodium-skeptics-with-a-pinch-of-salt)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/evidence-based-nutrition and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate