I was approached by CuriosityStream, a new on-demand streaming service for documentaries and non-fiction programming created by Discovery Channel founder John Hendricks, about doing a 4-part series on healthy eating. I agreed if they would offer at least limited time access to the series for free.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
Well, that was the first episode, which they allowed us to keep on NutritionFacts.org for a year. The other three episodes of Prescription: Nutrition are available to watch now, for free, on CuriosityStream, but you have to sign up for a free 30-day trial. If you don’t want to continue the trial make sure to cancel before the 30 days or they’ll start charging you. To access the 30-day trial, visit http://CuriosityStream.com and use the special code NUTRITION. This offer must be redeemed by July 31st, 2017.
How did this all come about? Elizabeth North, president and CEO of CuriosityStream, began her own journey toward plant-based eating when she was struggling last year with some health scares. She saw immediate benefits. “I realized astounding improvements in my health (and surprisingly, my fitness) from eating so many fresh fruits and vegetables,” she said. “Not only did I start consuming mass quantities of plant-based foods, but I also began consuming books, from The China Study to Eat To Live to Dr. Greger’s How Not To Die. The authors had differing perspectives on diet, but all experts agreed that adding more fresh fruits and vegetables is the first step to improving your nutrition and your overall health.”
The episodes in the series are:
Ep1 – Green Revolution
Ep2 – Grain of Truth
Ep3 – Spilling the Beans
Ep4 – Nature’s Candy
For more overview-type videos, see my introductory video series:
• Why You Should Care About Nutrition (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-you-should-care-about-nutrition)
• Taking Personal Responsibility for Your Health (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Taking-Personal-Responsibility-for-Your-Health)
• The Story of NutritionFacts.org (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-story-of-nutritionfacts-org/)
• The Philosophy of NutritionFacts.org (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Philosophy-of-NutritionFacts-org)
• Behind the Scenes at NutritionFacts.org (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Behind-the-Scenes-at-NutritionFacts-org)
• How Not to Die from Heart Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease/)
• How Not to Die from Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-cancer/)
• How Not to Die from Diabetes (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/)
• How Not to Die from Kidney Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-kidney-disease/)
• How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure (https://nutritionfacts.org/?post_type=video&p=33896&preview=true)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prescription-nutrition-episode-1-green-revolution and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prescription-nutrition-episode-1-green-revolution. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/