Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: What the baggage that comes along with the nutrients in your food?
Here I go again trying to mix things up. This one is thanks to David Greenberg, owner of WiseStreet.com (http://wisestreet.com/) who graciously donated his teams time, energy and resources to create this animation. Please let me know what you think. I’m trying to think of ways to get away from the straight study-quote-study-quote tedium of most of my videos. Yes it’s a great way to present the primary scientific literature for those who already know the basics, but I also want to try to appeal to those new to the concept of healthier eating. This was going to be the final video of this experimental 11-part series, but an animated summary of How Not to Die (http://nutritionfacts.org/book/) was just created, so I’ll be putting that up to wrap out a dozen. Check out the other 10 if you want a good overview in hopes you’ll get hooked on the science!
1. The Story of NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-story-of-nutritionfacts-org/)
2. Why You Should Care About Nutrition (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-you-should-care-about-nutrition)
3. Taking Personal Responsibility for Your Health (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/taking-personal-responsibility-for-your-health)
4. The Philosophy of NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-philosophy-of-nutritionfacts-org)
5. Behind the Scenes at NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/behind-the-scenes-at-nutritionfacts-org)
6. How Not to Die from Heart Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease/)
7. How Not to Die from Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-cancer/)
8. How Not to Die from Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/)
9. How Not to Die from Kidney Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-kidney-disease/)
10. How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-high-blood-pressure)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-healthiest-diet and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-healthiest-diet. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast