Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: Most deaths in the United States are preventable and related to nutrition.
This video is part of an experiment to find ways to appeal to those new to the site. So much of what I do is targeted towards those who already know the basics, but in the user survey about a thousand of you filled out a few weeks ago, many of your asked for me to take a step back and do some videos targeted more towards those new to evidence-based nutrition.
So with the volunteer help of videographer Grant Peacock (http://www.gpi.tv/) I came up with ten introduction and overview-type videos for both new users to orient themselves, and for long-time users to use to introduce people to the site. If you missed The Story of NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-story-of-nutritionfacts-org/) check that out, and stay tuned for:
• Taking Personal Responsibility for Your Health (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/taking-personal-responsibility-for-your-health)
• The Philosophy of NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-philosophy-of-nutritionfacts-org)
• Behind the Scenes at NutritionFacts.org (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/behind-the-scenes-at-nutritionfacts-org)
• How Not to Die from Heart Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease/)
• How Not to Die from Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-cancer/)
• How Not to Die from Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-diabetes/)
• How Not to Die from Kidney Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-kidney-disease/)
• How Not to Die from High Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-high-blood-pressure)
What we’re going to do is alternate between these broader overview-type videos and the regularly scheduled content so as not to bore those who just crave the latest science.
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-you-should-care-about-nutrition and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-you-should-care-about-nutrition. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast